December 21, 2021
Openings - 4
Staff Accountant I & II (Intern)
Position Title: Staff Accountant I & II (Intern)
Department: Organizational Finance Development
Employment Term: 1 Year + (min. 10 hours - max. 20 hours weekly)
Reports to: Assistant Program Director(s) & Finance Manager
Salary: *Unpaid Internship / Volunteer*
The Staff Accountant is responsible for carrying out general accounting duties efficiently and accurately, and for contributing to overall effectiveness of the finance department at FDSF.
• Review vendor invoices for accuracy and submit through Mineral Tree to appropriate managers for approval and coding
• Review invoice coding to ensure accuracy with current chart of accounts, departments, and projects
• Manage vendor packet and process, including submission, entry and filing of 1099 and W-9 forms, vendor insurance documents, waivers and related paperwork
• Fulfill requests for credit applications
• Research and follow-up on questionable invoices as appropriate
• Ensure the bi-weekly processing of payments
• Maintain accounts payable files in compliance with audit requirements and office standards
• Reconcile and process employee and office travel reimbursements
• Process lock box deposits into CRM system
• Process scheduled tax payments as directed by the Controller and/or CFO
• Reconciliation of employee credit card statements and follow up on all delinquent statements
• Working closely with the Controller, ensure accuracy and timeliness of accounts payable and the general efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting department
• Train other staff members on processing invoices as part of the on-boarding process
• Record reproduction (copier) equipment allocation monthly
• Manage and reconcile accounts payable aged reports with the general ledger
• Record and process monthly re-class journal entries
• Reconcile specific balance sheet accounts monthly
• Manage monthly A/P aged reports
• Process corporate credit card payments
• Process monthly recurring payments
• Generate annual 1099 and 1096 filing with the Internal Revenue Service
• Assist with annual audits (Financial & Workers Comp), as well as unscheduled/unexpected audits
• Complete miscellaneous administrative tasks and other duties as appropriate and assigned
Preferred Qualification and Skills:
Positive attitude, vibrant, energetic, willingness to bring new ideas and work in a fast-paced environment.
Interest and background in financial management
Must be willing to work independently and confident in speaking with new people from diverse backgrounds.
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills.
Resourcefulness, creativity, and problem-solving skillset
Considerable knowledge of the methods and techniques of budget preparation and of methods of expense control.
Demonstrate use of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, and Outlook and financial management software
Must be comfortable with deadlines and have a reliable working computer or laptop.
Ability to compose and edit correspondence, reports, and summaries.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
Attend mandatory orientation and training.
Able to participate in team meetings: Teamwork and collaboration will be necessary for success in this role.
Some flexibility with nights and weekends especially for urgent tasks and deadlines.
This internship opportunity is 100% virtual. Volunteers will utilize Microsoft Teams and Outlook to communicate with their team.
*Although this is advertised as an unpaid volunteer/internship opportunity, students can use this opportunity to receive credits for their courses or Capstone programs. Stipends can/will be provided to students based on program funds.
Instagram: @fdsfincEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We Are Hiring, Come Join Us!